QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Monday, May 9, 2016

Mary TV May 9, 2016 Reflection - Day 12 - A Firm Faith!




           

   A Firm Faith
      (c) Mateo Ivankovic 2016

J.M.J.
May 9, 2016
Consecration Day 12
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
Day 12 of our Consecration! Today we conclude our twelve-day examination of our entanglement with the world. Thomas a Kempis urges us to "be watchful over thyself, stir up thyself, warn thyself..." He warns that we can easily lose our way in the world, even after our conversion if we do not work hard to stay on the path.
 
St. Paul warned of this as well:
 
"Be watchful, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love." (1 Cor 16:13-14)
 
It seems that our life on this earth will always be a struggle between light and darkness, good and evil, love and hatred. We can't relax in watchfulness!
 
Our Lady gave us a beautiful message about such watchfulness. She urged us to firmness of faith. She also put that struggle into context in a beautiful way:
 
March 02, 2015 "Dear children! You are my strength. You, my apostles, who with your love, humility and silence of prayer are making it possible for one to come to know my Son. You live in me. You carry me in your heart. You know that you have a mother who loves you and who has come to bring love.
 
"I am looking at you in the Heavenly Father - your thoughts, your pains, your sufferings - and I offer them to my Son. Do not be afraid and do not lose hope, because my Son listens to his mother. Since he was born he loves and I desire for all of my children to come to know that love. I desire that all those who left him because of their pain and misunderstanding may return to him and that all those who have never known him may come to know him.
 
"That is why you are here, my apostles, and I as a mother am with you. Pray for the firmness of faith, because love and mercy come from firm faith. Through love and mercy you will help all those who are not aware that they are choosing darkness instead of light.
 
"Pray for your shepherds because they are the strength of the Church which my Son left to you. Through my Son, they are the shepherds of souls. Thank you."
 
Love and mercy come from firm faith! Love and mercy are the fruit we want to bring forth from our hearts in firm faith. We want to help others to find their way to God. Our firm faith will be a beacon for them.
 
Let us pray:

TOTUS TUUS
(Totally Yours)
 
Immaculate Conception, Mary my Mother, Live in me, Act in me, Speak in me and through me, Think your thoughts in my mind, Love through my heart, Give me your dispositions and feelings, Teach, lead me and guide me to Jesus, Correct, enlighten and expand my thoughts and behavior, Possess my soul, Take over my entire personality and life, replace it with Yourself, Incline me to constant adoration, Pray in me and through me, Let me live in you and keep me in this union always.  © 1956, Mother Immaculata, OCD

In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
(c)Mary TV 2016
 




"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world."
Saint John Paul II
Be connected!
www.marytv.tv 


Mary TV, P.O. Box 899, Notre Dame, IN 46556

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.