QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Mary TV May 7, 2016 Reflection - Day 10 - The Sweetness of God




         
 
 
 
      (c) Mateo Ivankovic 2016

J.M.J.
May 7, 2016
First Saturday
Consecration, Day 10

Dear Family of Mary!

When we turn from the spirit of the world, what do we turn to? We turn to the God who made the world, the God who made us, who has called us to be His own. We turn to our Creator, who designed us down to the smallest particle of our DNA. He made us out of love, for a life without end with Him!! This is what we fill our lives with when we turn from the spirit of the world.

Thomas a Kempis writes beautifully about the joy of knowing and serving God:

Now, will I speak again, O Lord, and will not be silent, I will say in the hearing of my God and my King Who is on high: Oh, how great is the abundance of Thy sweetness, O Lord, which Thou hast hidden for those that fear Thee! But what art Thou, for those who love Thee?

What, to those who serve Thee with their whole heart? Unspeakable indeed is the sweetness of Thy contemplation, which Thou bestowest on those who love Thee. In this most of all hast Thou showed me the sweetness of Thy love, that when I had no being, Thou didst make me; and when I was straying far from Thee, Thou brought me back again, that I might serve Thee: and Thou hast commanded me to serve Thee...

It is a great honor, a great glory, to serve Thee, and to despise all things for Thee, for they who willingly subject themselves to Thy holy service, shall have great grace. They shall experience the most sweet consolation of the Holy Spirit, Who for the love of Thee, have cast aside all carnal delight. ( Imitation of Christ: Book 3, Chapter 10)

Our Lady has spoken about the great joy there is in knowing God. She encourages us to realize how much God blesses us day in and day out! Once we realize God's great love for us, we will not be attracted to the world or to any temptation:
 
"Dear children! Today I invite you all to rejoice in the life which God gives you. Little children, rejoice in God, the Creator, because He has created you so wonderfully. Pray that your life be joyful thanksgiving which flows out of your heart like a river of joy. Little children, give thanks unceasingly for all that you possess, for each little gift which God has given you, so that a joyful blessing always comes down from God upon your life. Thank you for having responded to my call." (August 25, 1988)
 
And again she told us:
 
"Dear Children! Today I invite you to go into nature because there you will meet God the Creator. Today I invite you, little children, to thank God for all that He gives you. In thanking Him you will discover the Most High and all the goods that surround you. Little children, God is great and His love for every creature is great. Therefore, pray to be able to understand the love and goodness of God. In the goodness and the love of God the Creator, I also am with you as a gift. Thank you for having responded to my call." (October 25, 1995)
 
In the goodness and the love of God the Creator, Our Lady is with us as a gift! This is yet another reason to give thanks to our God! Mary leads us in praise and adoration of God, and so we can pray our consecration prayer to her, knowing she will help us to turn towards God and leave behind the world.

Let us pray:

TOTUS TUUS
(Totally Yours)
 
Immaculate Conception, Mary my Mother, Live in me, Act in me, Speak in me and through me, Think your thoughts in my mind, Love through my heart, Give me your dispositions and feelings, Teach, lead me and guide me to Jesus, Correct, enlighten and expand my thoughts and behavior, Possess my soul, Take over my entire personality and life, replace it with Yourself, Incline me to constant adoration, Pray in me and through me, Let me live in you and keep me in this union always.
 
© 1956, Mother Immaculata, OCD
 
In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
(c)Mary TV 2016





"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world."
Saint John Paul II
Be connected!
www.marytv.tv


Mary TV, P.O. Box 899, Notre Dame, IN 46556





No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.