QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Mary TV May 5, 2016 Reflection - Day 8 - Temptation





         
 
    
      (c) Mateo Ivankovic 2016

J.M.J.
May 5
The Ascension of the Lord
Consecration Day 8
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
On Day 8 of our preparation for consecration, we consider temptations. Certainly temptations abound for us in this world. The question is what to do with temptation. Thomas a Kempis tells us:
 
As long as we live in this world, we cannot be without temptations and tribulations. Hence it is written in Job "Man's life on earth is a temptation." Everyone therefore should be solicitous about his temptations and watch in prayer lest the devil find an opportunity to catch him, who never sleeps, but goes about, seeking whom he can devour. No one is so perfect and holy as sometimes not to have temptations and we can never be wholly free from them. Nevertheless, temptations are very profitable to man, troublesome and grievous though they may be, for in them, a man is humbled, purified and instructed. (Imitation of Christ, by Thomas á Kempis: Book 1, Chapter 13)
 
About temptation:
We will never be without temptation on this earth.
Temptations are the work of the enemy.
No one is exempt from temptation.
When temptation is resisted, it makes us more humble, pure and wise. We learn from resisting temptation.
 
The important thing is to be vigilant. And we need to flee for help to one who can help us. Our Lady can help us very much, as she explains:
 
July 19, 1984 - "Dear children! These days you have been experiencing how satan is working. I am always with you, and don't you be afraid of temptations because God is always watching over us. Also I have given myself to you and I sympathize with you even in the smallest temptation. Thank you for having responded to my call."

 Our Lady sympathizes with us in even the smallest temptation. That is because she has experienced them all herself. She never sinned but that does not mean that the enemy did not try to lead her into sin. She knows our enemy. And she knows how strong and nasty he is. So she wants us to know that God is watching over us and she is with us to help us in this battle.


Also on March 18, 2009 - Mirjana transmitted the following: I have never seen Our Lady address us in this manner. She extended her hands towards us and with her hands extended in this way, she said:
 
"Dear children, today I extend my hands towards you. Do not be afraid to accept them. They desire to give you love and peace and to help you in salvation. Therefore, my children, receive them. Fill my heart with joy and I will lead you towards holiness. The way on which I lead you is difficult and full of temptations and falls. I will be with you and my hands will hold you. Be persevering so that, at the end of the way, we can all together, in joy and love, hold the hands of my Son. Come with me; fear not. Thank you."
 
Our Lady wants us to take her hands!! She extends them to us to hold us up, to guide us forward, and to strengthen us in our daily battles.  We only need to persevere!  She will do the rest.

On suggestion: When tempted, talk to Our Lady about it.  She says she is with us.  If we talk to her about the temptation, I believe her love and light will shine on the temptation and show it for what it really is.  It will grow small in her presence, and decrease in power.  She can bring us a new way of thinking about the temptation that will free us from desiring it. 
 
We live in hostile territory, but we have a powerful advocate and protectress. Let us not give up the fight but believe!
 
Let us pray:
 
TOTUS TUUS
(Totally Yours)
 
Immaculate Conception, Mary my Mother, Live in me, Act in me, Speak in me and through me, Think your thoughts in my mind, Love through my heart, Give me your dispositions and feelings, Teach, lead me and guide me to Jesus, Correct, enlighten and expand my thoughts and behavior, Possess my soul, Take over my entire personality and life, replace it with Yourself, Incline me to constant adoration, Pray in me and through me, Let me live in you and keep me in this union always.
 
© 1956, Mother Immaculata, OCD
 
In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
(c)Mary TV 2016





"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world."
Saint John Paul II
Be connected!
www.marytv.tv


Mary TV, P.O. Box 899, Notre Dame, IN 46556


h


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.