QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Friday, May 27, 2016

Mary TV May 27, 2016 - Day 30 - Take up your cross....









 
    
 
 
  (c) Mateo Ivankovic 2016

J.M.J.
May 27, 2016
St. Augustine of Canterbury
Day 30
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
There can be no knowledge of Jesus without the Cross. From the Cross Jesus taught us everything about Himself. On the Cross Jesus gave us everything that He intended us to have, for our salvation. This was the moment of Triumph. And yet it seemed the moment of defeat. The world was turned upside down by Jesus' death on the Cross.
 
Jesus tried to make His disciples understand the necessity of His crucifixion, but they could not get it:
 
From that time Jesus began to show his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised. And Peter took him and began to rebuke him, saying, "God forbid, Lord! This shall never happen to you." But he turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a hindrance to me; for you are not on the side of God, but of men." Then Jesus told his disciples, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." (Matt 16:21-25)
 
Even Peter was clueless about Jesus' mission. When Jesus spoke of His approaching death, Peter tried to change His mind! Jesus had to make it clear, the Cross was His destiny, and it would be theirs as well. Their logical minds must have been reeling. But it was not until the Resurrection that all was clear. Here was a victory that no one could have predicted. Here was a way that was never trod before. Through death to life!
 
Our Lady has called us to follow Jesus, bearing our crosses as well:
 
February 25, 2016 "Dear children! In this time of grace, I am calling all of you to conversion. Little children, you love little and pray even less. You are lost and do not know what your goal is. Take the cross, look at Jesus and follow Him. He gives Himself to you to the death on the cross, because He loves you. Little children, I am calling you: return to prayer with the heart so as to find hope and the meaning of your existence, in prayer. I am with you and am praying for you. Thank you for having responded to my call."
 
If our lives have no meaning it is because they have no crosses. If we follow Jesus, we must stand against the evil that threatens us, never flinching, but walking the way of love and peace. We must pray, hope and love. Jesus will lead us to give our lives for others because we love like Him. Then the wonder will appear, that death leads to life, and sacrifice leads to joy. This is real meaning! This is knowing Jesus!
 
Let us pray:
 
TOTUS TUUS
(Totally Yours)
 
Immaculate Conception, Mary my Mother, Live in me, Act in me, Speak in me and through me, Think your thoughts in my mind, Love through my heart, Give me your dispositions and feelings, Teach, lead me and guide me to Jesus, Correct, enlighten and expand my thoughts and behavior, Possess my soul, Take over my entire personality and life, replace it with Yourself, Incline me to constant adoration, Pray in me and through me, Let me live in you and keep me in this union always.  © 1956, Mother Immaculata, OCD

In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
(c)Mary TV 2016
 





"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world."
Saint John Paul II
Be connected!
www.marytv.tv 


Mary TV, P.O. Box 899, Notre Dame, IN 46556

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.