QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Monday, May 23, 2016

Mary TV May 23, 2016 Reflection - Day 26 - With Mary in the Upper Room!






 
    
  
  (c) Mateo Ivankovic 2016

J.M.J.
May 23, 2016
Day 26
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
We have reached the end of Week Two, Knowledge of the Blessed Virgin. Today we will consider the Novena that Our Lady prayed with the Apostles in the upper room after Jesus ascended into heaven. Here is the account in the Acts of the Apostles:
Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a Sabbath day's journey away; and when they had entered, they went up to the upper room, where they were staying, Peter and John and James and Andrew, Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot and Judas the son of James. All these with one accord devoted themselves to prayer, together with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers. (Acts 1: 12-14)
After the Resurrection, Jesus spent 40 days instructing the Apostles. Then He left them, at the Ascension, with these words: "And behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you; but stay in the city, until you are clothed with power from on high." (Lk 24:49) So the Apostles stayed in the upper room with Our Lady to wait for the power from on high to come.
It says that they were devoted to prayer, all of one accord! They were totally united in their desire to wait for the Power to come upon them. They prayed and prayed. And Our Lady prayed in their midst. She prayed for them. She prayed with them. She waited with them and she loved them as her own sons. And she most assuredly gave them instructions on how to pray. She was their Mother! And she herself had been instructed by her Son, during His years with her in Nazareth, and also during His public ministry. Mary knew Jesus better than anyone. And she knew how to pray better than anyone as well.
Imagine having Mary with you for nine days, praying with her, eating with her, listening to her tell you stories about Jesus that you never knew! Imagine her silently in prayer, interceding for you, listening to you and helping you to pray with all your heart. Imagine her guiding you as you seek the Lord. Imagine how she could explain all the wonders of God! What a wonderful nine days that would be! Incredible.

The fruit of those nine days with Our Lady, those nine days in united prayer, was incredible!
When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place. And suddenly a sound came from heaven like the rush of a mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared to them tongues as of fire, distributed and resting on each one of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. (Acts 2: 1-4)
We know the rest of the story. The Apostles were transformed by the Holy Spirit. They emerged from the upper room on fire with evangelical zeal. They were not afraid. They spoke with power, and in tongues, to thousands of people about Jesus, the Christ. They were unstoppable. It was Love, on fire within them that empowered them. They were ready to take the Gospel to the ends of the world.
Nine days with Our Lady! Look what happened! Nine days of prayer with Mary!! May our 33 days of preparation for consecration fill us with the fire of Love as well. Mary can do it!
Our Lady has often urged us to pray to the Holy Spirit:
June 2, 1984 (Saturday) "Dear children! Tonight I wish to tell you during the days of this Novena to pray for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on your families and on your parish. Pray, and you shall not regret it. God will give you gifts by which you will glorify Him till the end of your life on this earth. Thank you for having responded to my call."

May 25, 1993"Dear children! Today I invite you to open yourselves to God by means of prayer so the Holy Spirit may begin to work miracles in you and through you. I am with you and I intercede before God for each one of you because, dear children, each one of you is important in my plan of salvation. I invite you to be carriers of good and peace. God can give you peace only if you convert and pray. Therefore, my dear little children, pray, pray, pray and do that which the Holy Spirit inspires you. Thank you for having responded to my call."

Pray, pray, pray, and do that which the Holy Spirit inspires you!!!!

Let us pray:

TOTUS TUUS
(Totally Yours)
 
Immaculate Conception, Mary my Mother, Live in me, Act in me, Speak in me and through me, Think your thoughts in my mind, Love through my heart, Give me your dispositions and feelings, Teach, lead me and guide me to Jesus, Correct, enlighten and expand my thoughts and behavior, Possess my soul, Take over my entire personality and life, replace it with Yourself, Incline me to constant adoration, Pray in me and through me, Let me live in you and keep me in this union always.  © 1956, Mother Immaculata, OCD

In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
(c)Mary TV 2016

 
 




"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world."
Saint John Paul II
Be connected!
www.marytv.tv 


Mary TV, P.O. Box 899, Notre Dame, IN 46556

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.