QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Friday, May 20, 2016

Mary TV May 20, 2016 Reflection - Day 23 - Do whatever He tells you!








 
  

Do what ever He tells you!!
  (c) Mateo Ivankovic 2016

J.M.J.
May 20, 2016
St. Bernardine of Siena
Day 23
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
We find ourselves still trying to get to know Mary a little more! Today we can enjoy the Wedding Feast at Cana. Our Lady speaks her last words for us in the Bible here:
 
On the third day there was a marriage at Cana in Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there; Jesus also was invited to the marriage, with his disciples. When the wine failed, the mother of Jesus said to him, "They have no wine." And Jesus said to her, "O woman, what have you to do with me? My hour has not yet come." His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever he tells you."

Now six stone jars were standing there, for the Jewish rites of purification, each holding twenty or thirty gallons. Jesus said to them, "Fill the jars with water." And they filled them up to the brim. He said to them, "Now draw some out, and take it to the steward of the feast." So they took it. When the steward of the feast tasted the water now become wine, and did not know where it came from (though the servants who had drawn the water knew), the steward of the feast called the bridegroom and said to him, "Every man serves the good wine first; and when men have drunk freely, then the poor wine; but you have kept the good wine until now." This, the first of his signs, Jesus did at Cana in Galilee, and manifested his glory; and his disciples believed in him
. (Jn 2: 1-11)

Again, there are too many details for this not to be an eye witness account. Jesus and Mary were at the wedding together. Our Lady, being a woman, notices that the wine has run out. She knows what it takes to put on a party! And she has a heart of compassion. So she takes action. She tells her Son to do something! "They have no wine." Our Lady is just as observant about our lives. She notices when we run out of hope, or energy, or we lose our focus. She notices the details of our lives and is ready to help out. What does she do? She tells her Son! This is intercession!
 
And after another normal bit of banter with His mom, Jesus gets ready to act. And Our Lady takes the cue and tells the servants: "Do whatever he tells you." Her last words. Her greatest advice! Her deepest hope for us. That we would do whatever Jesus tells us to do. Because Jesus will tell us to do what is best for us and for all those we love and serve. His words to us will bring life. His directions to us will heal and change us as we follow them.
 
The miracle at Cana was extravagant and overboard! Six stone jars, gallons and gallons of wine! Why? Because Jesus loves us, and His desire is that we receive extravagant amounts of love from Him. All that is needed is that we do whatever He tells us!
 
Our Lady tells us:

March 25, 2002"Dear children! Today I call you to unite with Jesus in prayer. Open your heart to Him and give Him everything that is in it: joys, sorrows and illnesses. May this be a time of grace for you. Pray, little children, and may every moment belong to Jesus. I am with you and I intercede for you. Thank you for having responded to my call."

To do whatever Jesus tells us is to be in unity with Him. Our Lady desires it! She is telling Jesus all about us.  He will see to the miracles! 

Let us pray:

TOTUS TUUS
(Totally Yours)
 
Immaculate Conception, Mary my Mother, Live in me, Act in me, Speak in me and through me, Think your thoughts in my mind, Love through my heart, Give me your dispositions and feelings, Teach, lead me and guide me to Jesus, Correct, enlighten and expand my thoughts and behavior, Possess my soul, Take over my entire personality and life, replace it with Yourself, Incline me to constant adoration, Pray in me and through me, Let me live in you and keep me in this union always.  © 1956, Mother Immaculata, OCD
 
In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
(c)Mary TV 2016

 




"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world."
Saint John Paul II
Be connected!
www.marytv.tv


Mary TV, P.O. Box 899, Notre Dame, IN 46556





No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.