QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Monday, May 2, 2016

Mary TV May 2, 2016 Reflection - Day 5 -Glorify God with your life!







         
 
 
      (c) Mateo Ivankovic 2016

J.M.J.
May 2, 2016
St. Athanasius
Consecration Day 5
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
This is Day 5 of our Consecration to Jesus through Mary! We continue to examine our entanglement with the world and the spirit of the world.
 
To whom do we give glory? Do we long to glorify ourselves. This is the spirit of our age. In sports, politics, universities, business, every where we look, glory is being sought or grasped at. But this glory does not last. And once attained, it corrupts the soul.
 
Thomas a Kempis tells us:
 
Truly vainglory is an evil plague, because it draws away from true glory, and robs us of heavenly grace. For, while a man takes complacency in himself, he displeases Thee; while he wants for human applause, he is deprived of true virtues. But true, glory and holy exultation is to glory in Thee, and not in one's self; to rejoice in Thy Name, but not in one's own strength. To find pleasure in no creature, save only for Thy sake. Let Thy Name be praised, not mine; let Thy work be magnified, not mine; let Thy Holy Name be blessed, but let nothing be attributed to me of the praise of men. Thou art my glory; Thou art the exultation of my heart; in Thee, will I glory and rejoice all the day; but for myself, I will glory in nothing but in my infirmities. (Book 3, Chapter 40)
 
Giving God the glory is the sound and true way to happiness, because it is living in the truth!
 
Our Lady spoke of this truth in this message:
 
April 02, 2013 "Dear children, I am calling you to be one with my Son in spirit. I am calling you, through prayer, and the Holy Mass when my Son unites Himself with you in a special way, to try to be like Him; that, like Him, you may always be ready to carry out God's will and not seek the fulfillment of your own. Because, my children, it is according to God's will that you are and that you exist, and without God's will you are nothing.

As a mother I am asking you to speak about the glory of God with your life because, in that way, you will also glorify yourself in accordance to His will. Show humility and love for your neighbor to everyone. Through such humility and love, my Son saved you and opened the way for you to the Heavenly Father. I implore you to keep opening the way to the Heavenly Father for all those who have not come to know Him and have not opened their hearts to His love. By your life, open the way to all those who still wander in search of the truth.

My children, be my apostles who have not lived in vain. Do not forget that you will come before the Heavenly Father and tell Him about yourself. Be ready! Again I am warning you, pray for those whom my Son called, whose hands He blessed and whom He gave as a gift to you. Pray, pray, pray for your shepherds. Thank you."
 
Our Mother is so wise. She tells us, "As a mother I am asking you to speak about the glory of God with your life because, in that way, you will also glorify yourself in accordance to His will. Show humility and love for your neighbor to everyone." We actually will participate in the glory of God by living in accord with Jesus' life, by love and humility. There will be enough glory for everyone in heaven. We don't need it here on earth. The glory here is tainted and meaningless. God's glory is the real thing!
 
Let us pray:
 
TOTUS TUUS
(Totally Yours)
 
Immaculate Conception, Mary my Mother, Live in me, Act in me, Speak in me and through me, Think your thoughts in my mind, Love through my heart, Give me your dispositions and feelings, Teach, lead me and guide me to Jesus, Correct, enlighten and expand my thoughts and behavior, Possess my soul, Take over my entire personality and life, replace it with Yourself, Incline me to constant adoration, Pray in me and through me, Let me live in you and keep me in this union always.
 
© 1956, Mother Immaculata, OCD
 




"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world."
Saint John Paul II
Be connected!
www.marytv.tv


Mary TV, P.O. Box 899, Notre Dame, IN 46556





No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.