QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Mary TV May 18, 2016 Reflection - Day 21 - Mary's Greeting







 

My soul magnifies the Lord!
  (c) Mateo Ivankovic 2016
(I can't get enough of these pictures on Podbrdo!!  Thank you, Mateo!)

J.M.J.
May 18, 2016
St. John I
Consecration Day 21
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
Week 2 - Knowledge of the Blessed Virgin! Today we will contemplate Our Lady's words to Elizabeth at the Visitation. Elizabeth was greeted by Mary. And something amazing happens at the sound of Mary's voice:

In those days Mary arose and went with haste into the hill country, to a city of Judah, and she entered the house of Zechari'ah and greeted Elizabeth. And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and she exclaimed with a loud cry, "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! And why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold, when the voice of your greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leaped for joy. And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her from the Lord." (Lk 1:39-45)
 
 
"When Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb..." The Holy Spirit fell in power at the sound of Mary's voice. This was a huge event! John was anointed and received his call. Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and prophesied to Mary, revealing that she was the Mother of God! There must have been electricity in the air, the thrill of God's truth flowing into their hearts, the joy of the Spirit!
 
We too are greeted by Mary, in every message from Medjugorje. She usually greets us, "Dear children!" At this greeting, I am sure the Holy Spirit falls upon us. If only we were open to His coming, we would be swept away with joy at Mary's greeting to us!
 
But then Our Lady speaks her great Magnificat:
 
And Mary said, "My soul magnifies the Lord,
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
for he has regarded the low estate of his handmaiden.
For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed;
for he who is mighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his name.
And his mercy is on those who fear him
from generation to generation.
He has shown strength with his arm,
he has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts,
he has put down the mighty from their thrones,
and exalted those of low degree;
he has filled the hungry with good things,
and the rich he has sent empty away.
He has helped his servant Israel,
in remembrance of his mercy,
as he spoke to our fathers,
to Abraham and to his posterity forever."(Lk 1: 46-55)
 
All I can say is wow!! This canticle, this song of Mary, teaches us more about her that we will ever know. Our Lady reveals her heart in this song. Her joy, her blessedness, her lowliness, her love, all coming from God's love for her, and all goes back to Him.
 
Mary shares her deep understanding of the way God works in the world: showing His mercy to every generation, revealing His strength which conquers the proud and the mighty while He exalts the lowly, the hungry, and those who trust Him.
 
Mary sings of the greatness of God with every fiber of her being. This is our Mother. This is Mary.

Our Lady once told us:

June 25, 2009
"Dear children! Rejoice with me, convert in joy and give thanks to God for the gift of my presence among you. Pray that, in your hearts, God may be in the center of your life and with your life witness, little children, so that every creature may feel God's love. Be my extended hands for every creature, so that it may draw closer to the God of love. I bless you with my motherly blessing. Thank you for having responded to my call."

Our Lady greets us in this message with the same joy she greeted Elizabeth.  She is filled with gratitude and love for God, and she communicates it to us with all her heart, that we might understand that God is good and that He loves us!  She blesses us as she did Elizabeth and John.  She blesses us with the joy of God!

Let us pray:

TOTUS TUUS
(Totally Yours)
 
Immaculate Conception, Mary my Mother, Live in me, Act in me, Speak in me and through me, Think your thoughts in my mind, Love through my heart, Give me your dispositions and feelings, Teach, lead me and guide me to Jesus, Correct, enlighten and expand my thoughts and behavior, Possess my soul, Take over my entire personality and life, replace it with Yourself, Incline me to constant adoration, Pray in me and through me, Let me live in you and keep me in this union always.  © 1956, Mother Immaculata, OCD
 
In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
(c)Mary TV 2016

 




"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world."
Saint John Paul II
Be connected!
www.marytv.tv


Mary TV, P.O. Box 899, Notre Dame, IN 46556





No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.