QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Mary TV May 15, 2016 Reflection - Day 18 - The Fire of God's Love!

Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem2914
Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem2914 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)




         
 
 
Come Holy Spirit!!
  (c) Mateo Ivankovic 2016

J.M.J.
May 15, 2016
Pentecost Sunday!!!
Day 18 of our Consecration
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
Happy Pentecost!! What an incredible feast! God actually sent down the fire of His love, the Holy Spirit, upon the Apostles, and they were changed. They were able to witness to Jesus, even to the giving of their lives. And they spread the Gospel throughout the whole world. Incredible!
 
We are still in Week One in which we ask for knowledge of ourselves. Come Holy Spirit!! You can certainly light up our hearts with your Truth and show us our sins.
 
Fr. Gaitley continues to explain how the Fire of God's love can cure our spiritual blindness:
 
So, the light that illumines the darkness of our spiritual blindness to our sins is the fire of God's love. Think of it; God loves us so much more than we love Him. From the Cross, He cries out for love of us, "I thirst!" - and we mumble our prayers. He pours out His life for us in his Passion and Death - and we complain about a headache. His loving gaze is fixed on us night and day - and we hardly look at Him. He does everything to please us - and we're focused on pleasing ourselves.
 
When we compare, then, the mystery of God's infinite, burning love for us with our own weak efforts to love Him in return, it humbles us, lowers us, reduces us, and crushes us to the dust - but it doesn't destroy us.
 
Yes, I know it may seem that God's love would destroy us. After all, we just heard that Jesus told St. Faustina that she'd die of terror if He showed to her her wretchedness. But here's some saving good news; in His loving mercy, God fills up the abyss of our wretchedness with His own divine love. This is St. Therese's amazing insight after she was conquered by love. As she herself expressed it to the Lord: "For me to love You as You love me, I would have to borrow Your own love.'
 
And she knew that He'd give it. She knew that after God conquers us and humbles us with His love, He then saves us with love by giving us His own divine love. In other words, after He flattens us with His overwhelming love, God then lifts us up and fills us with His love so we actually can love Him as He loves us. In the end, then we can compete. We can be perfect. We can be set on fire!!!" (Gaitley 98-99)
 
So this is the answer to our spiritual blindness to our sins. It is the fire of God's love, that fire that descends today upon the Church to transform us all into His love!
 
Our Lady speaks:
 
November 2, 2007 "Dear children, Today I call you to open your hearts to the Holy Spirit and permit Him to transform you. My children, God is the immeasurable good and therefore, as a mother, I implore you: Pray, pray, pray, fast and hope that it is possible to achieve good, because from that good love is born. The Holy Spirit will strengthen that love in you and you will be able to call God your Father. Through this exalted love, you will truly come to love all people and, through God, you will regard them as brothers and sisters. Thank you."

Come Holy Spirit!!!

Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Thy faithful and enkindle in them the fire of Thy love.
V. Send forth Thy Spirit and they shall be created.
R. And Thou shalt renew the face of the earth.
Let us pray. O God, Who didst instruct the hearts of the faithful by the light of the Holy Spirit, grant us in the same Spirit to be truly wise, and ever to rejoice in His consolation. Through Christ our Lord.   Amen.

 
TOTUS TUUS
(Totally Yours)
 
Immaculate Conception, Mary my Mother, Live in me, Act in me, Speak in me and through me, Think your thoughts in my mind, Love through my heart, Give me your dispositions and feelings, Teach, lead me and guide me to Jesus, Correct, enlighten and expand my thoughts and behavior, Possess my soul, Take over my entire personality and life, replace it with Yourself, Incline me to constant adoration, Pray in me and through me, Let me live in you and keep me in this union always.  © 1956, Mother Immaculata, OCD
 
In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
(c)Mary TV 2016
 
PS. Fr. Michael Gaitley.  "33 Days to Merciful Love"  www.shopmercy.org




"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world."
Saint John Paul II
Be connected!
www.marytv.tv


Mary TV, P.O. Box 899, Notre Dame, IN 46556





No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.