QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Friday, May 13, 2016

Mary TV May 13, 2016 Reflection - Day 16 - Spiritual Blindness







         
 

Spiritually blindness
      (c) Mateo Ivankovic 2016

J.M.J.
May 13, 2016
Our Lady of Fatima
Consecration Day 16
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
Today is a special day! This is the day we commemorate the great apparition of Our Lady at Fatima! It was 99 years ago!! And what was the great request that Our Lady made to the three shepherd children? Pray the Rosary!!! Repent!! Pray for the world that it will turn back to God!! Have recourse to Mary through the Rosary for the sake of those in most need of God's mercy!
 
We are blessed to be able to pray this consecration together on this day, the day of Our Lady of Fatima. We are living the fulfillment of Fatima through our response to Our Lady's presence in Medjugorje, and her messages. We are in a way the fruit of Fatima. Our Lady is with us now to complete her requests at Fatima and bring the world into the light of her Son!
 
Today, Day 16, we continue to beg God for knowledge of ourselves, so that we can repent. Why is it so hard to gain such knowledge? Why does it take a week of meditation to even scratch the surface? Fr. Gaitley hits it on the head in "33 Days to Merciful Love". For Day 23 he writes:
 
The Blindness to Sin:
 
Living the Little Way requires that we recognize our littleness. Problem is, many of us don't see it. As St. Therese put it, "'We must be humbled and recognize our nothingness, and that is what so many are not willing to do." Now, that surely is true. There are certainly many people who are unwilling to 'be humbled' and recognize their "nothingness". But today, I believe the bigger problem is that so many people simply don't see it. They sincerely don't realize that they're sinners. They're spiritually blind.
 
Now, there are two problems here. First, they're wrong. They do have sins, and lots of them. The Bible says that even the just man sins seven times a day (Prov 24:16). Second, too many people think it's enough simply to be a "good person." Well, it's not enough! Jesus doesn't just want "good people" - He wants saints. He wants us to be on fire with His love, and anything less is not enough for Him. For instance, the Lord's moving words from the Gospel of Luke come to mind; "I have come to set the earth on fire, and how I wish it were already blazing!" (12:49). Also, I can't help but think of his frightening words from the Book of Revelations: "So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will vomit you out of my mouth" (3:16)
 
Okay, so blindness to one's sin is a big problem today. And why is it a problem? Let me put it this way: The Good News isn't really news if we don't feel we're in need of it. I mean, why should we get excited about God's abundant mercy for sinners if we don't really think we're sinners? Why care about mercy if we don't feel we're in need of it? Why go to Confession when we've not done anything wrong? Well, we have done something wrong - and again, not just one thing, but lots of things. I mean, we're all sinners (see Rom 3:23, 1 Jn 1:8-10), and we all desperately need God's mercy, (Gaitley. 33 Days to Merciful Love. P. 96-97)
 
Spiritual blindness is epidemic in our time. None of us can claim exemption. We do not know much at all about holiness. And we don't see our own sins. Our Lady wants to heal our spiritual blindness. She has come to do so. But we must do as she tells us if we wish to see aright:
 
November 2, 2010 "Dear children; With motherly perseverance and love I am bringing you the light of life to destroy the darkness of death in you. Do not reject me, my children. Stop and look within yourselves and see how sinful you are. Be aware of your sins and pray for forgiveness. My children, you do not desire to accept that you are weak and little, but you can be strong and great by doing God's will. Give me your cleansed hearts that I may illuminate them with the light of life, my Son. Thank you."

May 02, 2012 "Dear children! With motherly love I implore you to give me your hands, permit me to lead you. I, as a mother, desire to save you from restlessness, despair and eternal exile. My Son, by His death on the Cross, showed how much He loves you; He sacrificed Himself for your sake and the sake of your sins. Do not keep rejecting His sacrifice and do not keep renewing His sufferings with your sins. Do not keep shutting the doors of Heaven to yourselves. My children, do not waste time. Nothing is more important than unity in my Son. I will help you because the Heavenly Father is sending me so that, together, we can show the way of grace and salvation to all those who do not know Him. Do not be hard hearted. Have confidence in me and adore my Son. My children, you cannot be without the shepherds. May they be in your prayers every day. Thank you."
 
These two messages are clear. We need Our Lady to shine the Holy Spirit into our hearts and reveal to us our sins. This is true knowledge of our selves.
 
Let us pray:
 
TOTUS TUUS
(Totally Yours)
 
Immaculate Conception, Mary my Mother, Live in me, Act in me, Speak in me and through me, Think your thoughts in my mind, Love through my heart, Give me your dispositions and feelings, Teach, lead me and guide me to Jesus, Correct, enlighten and expand my thoughts and behavior, Possess my soul, Take over my entire personality and life, replace it with Yourself, Incline me to constant adoration, Pray in me and through me, Let me live in you and keep me in this union always.  © 1956, Mother Immaculata, OCD

In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
(c)Mary TV 2016

PS. Fr. Michael Gaitley.  "33 Days to Merciful Love"  www.shopmercy.org 




"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world."
Saint John Paul II
Be connected!
www.marytv.tv 


Mary TV, P.O. Box 899, Notre Dame, IN 46556

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.