QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Mary TV May 12, 2016 Reflection - Day 15 - Die to Self!





                

Make everything die in you that hinders you from loving and serving!
      (c) Mateo Ivankovic 2016

J.M.J.
May 12, 2016
Sts Nereus and Achilleus, St. Pancras
Consecration Day 15
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
Day 15 of our Consecration! We are praying to receive a knowledge of ourselves during this week of preparation. But today we do not ask for knowledge. We ask to death! We ask to die to ourselves! How does this make sense?

Well, it makes sense to me in this way: When I struggle to keep my own desires and emotions alive, I find that I do not have time for God. All I can think about is my self, my own desires, my wounds, my losses, etc. To die to those things, to let them go, and to put my "self" in the hands of God and Our Lady would actually be a relief! In order to attain holiness, to reach God, we must die to our puny self-interest.
 
Our Lady said to us:
 
January 2, 2010
"Dear children, Today I am calling you to, with complete trust and love, set out with me because I desire to acquaint you with my Son. Do not be afraid, my children, I am here with you; I am next to you. I am showing you the way to forgive yourselves, to forgive others, and, with sincere repentance of heart, to kneel before the Father. Make everything die in you that hinders you from loving and saving, that you may be with Him and in Him. Decide for a new beginning, a beginning of sincere love of God Himself. Thank you."
 
"Make everything die in you that hinders you from loving and saving..." This is dying to self. We must set aside all that would take the place of God in our hearts. All our druthers, all our ambitions, all our hurt feelings and unforgiveness, all our selfishness and self love. These things do not lead to life. Love and only love leads to life. In dying to ourselves, we can choose to live for others, and especially for God. This is self knowledge at its best!
 
Let us pray:
 
TOTUS TUUS
(Totally Yours)
 
Immaculate Conception, Mary my Mother, Live in me, Act in me, Speak in me and through me, Think your thoughts in my mind, Love through my heart, Give me your dispositions and feelings, Teach, lead me and guide me to Jesus, Correct, enlighten and expand my thoughts and behavior, Possess my soul, Take over my entire personality and life, replace it with Yourself, Incline me to constant adoration, Pray in me and through me, Let me live in you and keep me in this union always.  © 1956, Mother Immaculata, OCD
 
In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
(c)Mary TV 2016
 




"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world."
Saint John Paul II
Be connected!
www.marytv.tv


Mary TV, P.O. Box 899, Notre Dame, IN 46556





No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.