QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Mary TV May 10, 2016 Reflection - Day 13 - A Seed of the Future




              

   A Seed of the Future
      (c) Mateo Ivankovic 2016

J.M.J.
May 10, 2016
St. Damian de Veuster
Consecration First Week: Day 13
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
We have completed the initial 12 days of preparation for Consecration to Jesus through Mary. We have examined the world and made a firm resolve to avoid all that can entangle us and keep us from living for God. Now we enter into three weeks devoted to 1. Knowledge of our Self; 2. Knowledge of the Blessed Virgin; and 3. Knowledge of Jesus Christ. At the end of these three weeks we will be ready to consecrate or reconsecrate ourselves to Jesus through Mary!
 
Week 1: Knowledge of our Self!
 
Everything we will consider in this week will be designed to help us have a better understanding of who we are in God's eyes. There will be some serious self-discovery. But we will do all this self-discovery "at the feet of Mary, for it is from her that we hope for light to know ourselves. It is near her, that we shall be able to measure the abyss of our miseries without despairing."
 
That is why we will meditate on Our Lady's messages throughout this week. She has come to be with us, to help us know ourselves in the light of God's truth so that we can be free of all self-deception, shame or fear. Our Lady will help us to see ourselves as God sees us, in His great mercy and forgiveness, so that we will have the courage to surrender to Him.
 
Our Lady told us on December 2, 2011:
 
"Dear children; As a mother I am with you so that with my love, prayer and example I may help you to become a seed of the future, a seed that will grow into a firm tree and spread its branches throughout the world. For you to become a seed of the future, a seed of love, implore the Father to forgive you your omissions up to now. My children, only a pure heart, unburdened by sin, can open itself and only honest eyes can see the way by which I desire to lead you. When you become aware of this, you will become aware of the love of God, it will be given (as a gift) to you. Then you will give it (as a gift) to others as a seed of love. Thank you."
 
Our Lady always expresses herself in such positive ways. She wants us to "know ourselves" for sure. She wants us to be aware of our sins, our omissions, our failings. But she doesn't want this knowledge to beat us down. No, she is aiming at a much greater truth. She wants us to ask for forgiveness for these faults and failings and then, in the light of God's forgiveness, receive the great gift of His mercy! This is the gift of His love that He will give to us when we honestly offer up to Him our sinfulness.
 
And when we are free of the burden of our sins, we will be free to grow into a firm tree with branches of love that spread throughout the world. We will become love for others.
 
With that, let's pray the Our Father, asking for the grace of knowing our sins as we forgive the sins of others. Our Father....
 
And our consecration prayer:
 
TOTUS TUUS
(Totally Yours)
 
Immaculate Conception, Mary my Mother, Live in me, Act in me, Speak in me and through me, Think your thoughts in my mind, Love through my heart, Give me your dispositions and feelings, Teach, lead me and guide me to Jesus, Correct, enlighten and expand my thoughts and behavior, Possess my soul, Take over my entire personality and life, replace it with Yourself, Incline me to constant adoration, Pray in me and through me, Let me live in you and keep me in this union always.  © 1956, Mother Immaculata, OCD

In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
(c)Mary TV 2016

 




"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world."
Saint John Paul II
Be connected!
www.marytv.tv 


Mary TV, P.O. Box 899, Notre Dame, IN 46556

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.