QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Mary TV May 1, 2016 Reflection - Day 4 - Comprehend that you have nothing!





          
 
 
      (c) Mateo Ivankovic 2016

J.M.J.
May 1, 2016
Consecration- Day 4
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
This is Day 4 of our consecration. Today we contemplate what we are of ourselves, without God's grace. St. Thomas a Kempis wrote:
 
This most assuredly, I may truly think and say: Lord I am nothing, I can do nothing of myself, that is good, but I am in all things defective and ever tend to nothing. And unless I am assisted and interiorly instructed by Thee, I become wholly tepid and relaxed, but Thou, O Lord, art always the same, and endurest unto eternity, ever good, just and holy, doing all things well, justly and holily and disposing them in wisdom. (Book 3, Chapters 7, 40)
 
St. Faustina has also commented on our nothingness:
 
Jesus, Eternal Light, enlighten my mind, strengthen my will, inflame my heart and be with me as You have promised, for without You I am nothing. You know, Jesus, how weak l am. l do not need to tell You this, for You yourself know perfectly well how wretched I am. It is in You that all my strength lies. (Diary 495)
 
It is only when we begin to comprehend how great God is that we begin to understand our nothingness. Being creatures, made out of nothing by God, we cannot claim anything as our own. We are truly nothing without God, because He created us from nothing, and without Him we would return to nothing.
 
Our Lady told us as much in this message:
 
July 2, 2007 "Dear children! In the great love of God, I come to you today to lead you on the way of humility and meekness. The first station on that way, my children, is confession. Reject your arrogance and kneel down before my Son. Comprehend, my children, that you have nothing and you can do nothing. The only thing that you have and that you possess is sin. Be cleansed and accept meekness and humility. My Son could have won with strength, but He chose meekness, humility and love. Follow my Son and give me your hands so that, together, we may climb the mountain* and win. Thank you."
 
These words are sobering, but also freeing. Through humility and meekness we can hand over our nothingness to God, and live in simplicity and peace. We can grow in our unity with God through our awareness of our complete dependence upon Him. Our Lady can show us the way. "Follow my Son and give me your hands so that, together, we may climb the mountain and win."
 
Let us pray
 
TOTUS TUUS
(Totally Yours)
 
Immaculate Conception, Mary my Mother, Live in me, Act in me, Speak in me and through me, Think your thoughts in my mind, Love through my heart, Give me your dispositions and feelings, Teach, lead me and guide me to Jesus, Correct, enlighten and expand my thoughts and behavior, Possess my soul, Take over my entire personality and life, replace it with Yourself, Incline me to constant adoration, Pray in me and through me, Let me live in you and keep me in this union always.
 
© 1956, Mother Immaculata, OCD
 




"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world."
Saint John Paul II
Be connected!
www.marytv.tv 


Mary TV, P.O. Box 899, Notre Dame, IN 46556

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.