QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Mary TV April 20, 2016 Reflection - Lead Kindly Light







          
 


(c) Mateo Ivankovic 2015

J.M.J.
April 20, 2016
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
June 2, 2008 "Dear children, I am with you by the grace of God, to make you great. Great in faith and love, all of you. You whose hearts have been made hard as a stone by sin and guilt, and you devout souls, I desire to illuminate with a new light. Pray that my prayer may meet open hearts. That I may be able to illuminate them with the strength of faith and open the ways of love and hope. Be persevering. I will be with you."
 
This message has captured my attention. I find it very inspiring! Our Lady tells us she wants to illuminate our hearts with a new light! This is an astounding offer! She wants to give us the Light that fills her heart, the Light of the Holy Spirit. And that Light wants to lead us into a new life!! This is exactly so!
 
We don't always understand how much we need a new life. We get comfortable in the status quo, used to our habits and ways of seeing things. They become comforting to us and we cling to them for security. But they may lead us in the wrong direction. These comforts and ways of thinking and acting may in fact be hardening our hearts to the truth of things, and keeping us from the way of holiness that will set us free.
 
This kind of self-deception is very dangerous for us. We are not in a neutral world. If we are not following Jesus, we may be following Jesus' enemy in the wrong direction. And so Our Lady tells us that she has come to illuminate our hearts with a NEW LIGHT!! She wants us to wake up and see things as they are! She wants us to see things through the light of faith. When we see things in this light, we will have the strength to follow the ways of love and hope, the strength to choose a new life, the strength to see and follow Jesus.
 
There is a hymn written by Blessed John Henry Newman that says much about this new Light and our need for it. It may encourage us. We all need to be shaken out of our complacency. If God has to send a storm or two to get our attention, that's OK. He will lead us through the storm to the new life He has for us, if we choose to follow Him.
 
Lead, Kindly Light
 
Lead, kindly light, amid the encircling gloom,
lead thou me on;
the night is dark, and I am far from home;
lead thou me on.
Keep thou my feet; I do not ask to see
the distant scene; one step enough for me.
 
I was not ever thus, nor prayed that thou
shouldst lead me on;
I loved to choose and see my path; but now
lead thou me on.
I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears,
pride ruled my will: remember not past years.
 
So long thy power hath blest me, sure it still
will lead me on,
o'er moor and fen, o'er crag and torrent, till
the night is gone,
and with the morn those angel faces smile,
which I have loved long since, and lost awhile.
(Blessed John Henry Newman)
 
In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
©Mary TV 2016




"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world."
Saint John Paul II
Be connected!
www.marytv.tv 


Mary TV, P.O. Box 899, Notre Dame, IN 46556

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.