QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Mary TV April 13, 2016 Reflection - Be an example of merciful love and hope.





    

(c)Mateo Ivankovic 2016
J.M.J.
April 13, 2016
St. Martin I
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
I never get tired of pondering Our Lady's words. There is always something more to receive through them. In her latest message she shared so much her desire that we comprehend the merciful love of her Son and understand that this merciful love of Jesus is what breaks every darkness. Listen again to what she said:

"...As my apostles, I call you to keep trying to be an example of merciful love and hope. Always pray anew for all the more love because merciful love brings light which breaks every darkness - it brings my Son. Do not be afraid, you are not alone, I am with you..." (April 2, 2016)

Keep trying to be an example of merciful love and hope!!! Keep trying. We may struggle, we may fail, but when we do, prayer will augment our efforts. And Our Lady will be with us to help us. Just as she was with Jesus on Calvary when He showed merciful love for all time, for all sinners, for all the lost, so she is with us when we are challenged to show mercy in our own little way.
 
When we live merciful love and hope, we bring light to the darkness. We change the landscape. We turn the tables on the enemy, bringing love where there seemed to be none. This is the light of Jesus. This is mercy.
 
St. Faustina was encouraged by Jesus to carry His mercy into her world, to spread it, and to live it in her prayer and her ministry. She was called to be a representative of Jesus' mercy. She can also help us to live mercy and hope. Here are some words that Jesus spoke to St. Faustina about being an apostle of merciful love:
 
January 28, 1938. Today the Lord said to me, My daughter, write down these words: All those souls who will glorify My mercy and spread its worship, encouraging others to trust in My mercy, will not experience terror at the hour of death. My mercy will shield them in that final battle...
 
My daughter, encourage souls to say the chaplet which I have given to you. It pleases Me to grant everything they ask of Me by saying the chaplet. When hardened sinners say it, I will fill their souls with peace, and the hour of their death will be a happy one.
 
Write this for the benefit of distressed souls: when a soul sees and realizes the gravity of its sins, when the whole abyss of the misery into which it immersed itself is displayed before its eyes, let it not despair, but with trust let it throw itself into the arms of My mercy, as a child into the arms of its beloved mother. These souls have a right of priority to My compassionate Heart, they have first access to My mercy. Tell them that no soul that has called upon My mercy has been disappointed or brought to shame. I delight particularly in a soul which has placed its trust in My goodness.
 
Write that when they say this chaplet in the presence of the dying, I will stand between My Father and the dying person, not as the just Judge but as the merciful Savior.  (The Diary of St. Faustina, 1540 - 1541)
 
Merciful love is being poured out upon our world today in torrents. Why? Possibly because there has never been a time in history when so many souls have been so deeply wounded by sin and sorrow. Where sin abounds, grace abounds all the more. We are surrounded by brokenhearted people who are in need of the love that God wants to pour out on them. Our job is to help pour it out, through our prayer, our service, and our example of hope and love.
 
"No soul that has called upon My mercy has been disappointed or brought to shame." Jesus will not let them down. This is our joy and hope, that we can help them find the mercy of Jesus. We can bring mercy and love, no matter how small we are, into the darkness. Our Lady says, "Do not be afraid, you are not alone, I am with you."
 
In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
©Mary TV 2016

 




"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world."
Saint John Paul II
Be connected!
www.marytv.tv


Mary TV, P.O. Box 899, Notre Dame, IN 46556





No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.