QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Mary TV Daily Reflection 3/8/2016


  
(c)Mateo Ivankovic 2016


J.M.J.
March 8, 2016
St. John of God
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
Medjugorje, Message March 2, 2016
"Dear children, my coming to you is a gift from the Heavenly Father for you. Through His love I am coming to help you to find the way to the truth, to find the way to my Son. I am coming to confirm the truth to you. I desire to remind you of the words of my Son. He pronounced words of salvation for the entire world, the words of love for everyone - that love which He proved by His sacrifice. But even today, many of my children do not know Him, they do not want to come to know Him, they are indifferent. Because of their indifference my heart suffers painfully. My Son has always been in the Father. By being born on earth He brought the divine and from me received the human. With Him the word came among us. With Him came the light of the world which penetrates hearts, illuminates them and fills them with love and consolation. My children, all those who love my Son can see Him, because His face can be seen through the souls which are filled with love for Him. Therefore, my children, my apostles, listen to me. Leave vanity and selfishness. Do not live only for what is earthly and material. Love my Son and make it so that others may see His face through your love for Him. I will help you to come to know Him all the more. I will speak to you about Him. Thank you."
 
I am drawn to the similarities between the Gospel of John and this message from Our Lady. Notice Our Lady's use of words like: truth, light, love, the Word, life, to know, the Father... She is talking about the mystery of her Son. Our Lady speaks with such authority. She understands so deeply the mystery of her Son. She wants us to receive that mystery and let it fill us with life. We feel that life in St. John's words as well. He too speaks of the mystery with such depth and simplicity.
 
John.1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
He was in the beginning with God;
all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.
In him was life, and the life was the light of men.
The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. He came for testimony, to bear witness to the light, that all might believe through him.
He was not the light, but came to bear witness to the light.
The true light that enlightens every man was coming into the world.
He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world knew him not.
He came to his own home, and his own people received him not.
But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God;
who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth;
we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father. (John 1:1-14)
 
May we let the words of Our Lady and St. John penetrate our hearts and make a home for the Holy Spirit who will take these words and rebuild in our hearts the capacity to know Jesus. Our Lady wants us to know Jesus so very much, so much so that she will stay with us to help us: "I will help you to come to know Him all the more. I will speak to you about Him."
 
In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
©Mary TV 2016
 




"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world."
Saint John Paul II
Be connected!
www.marytv.tv


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.