QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Mary TV Daily Reflection 3/1/2016


       (c)Mateo Ivankovic 2016

J.M.J.
March 1, 2016
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
"Dear children! In this time of grace, I am calling all of you to conversion. Little children, you love little and pray even less. You are lost and do not know what your goal is. Take the cross, look at Jesus and follow Him. He gives Himself to you to the death on the cross, because He loves you. Little children, I am calling you: return to prayer with the heart so as to find hope and the meaning of your existence, in prayer. I am with you and am praying for you. Thank you for having responded to my call."  (February 25, 2016)
 
 
"Dear children! In this time of grace, I am calling all of you to conversion..."

Our Lady is not calling just one group of us in this message.  Her words are as much for those of us who have been receiving her messages for many years and they are for new comers.  "I am calling all of you to conversion."  No one is exempted.  No one is totally converted.  We all are in the process of conversion, of turning to Christ and giving Him the first place in our lives.

"Little children, you love little and pray even less."

This too is for all of us.  I suspect from Our Lady's vantage point, our efforts are pale.  What percentage of the day do we spend in loving God, in loving our neighbor, in serving them?  How much time goes for prayer?  Only we can answer that question for ourselves.  This time of grace is a time to self-evaluation as well.
"You are lost and do not know what your goal is."

Certainly in our day it is easy to get lost.  With so much turmoil in our societies, so much confusion in our governments and systems, so much fear... It is hard to focus on our goal.  It is hard to find our way.  And without enough love and prayer, it is even worse.

The answer?  Our Lady approaches each one of us, like a mother approaches her child, gently clasps our face in her hands, looks us in the eye and says: 

"Take the cross, look at Jesus and follow Him."

Simple and direct. 

Take the cross:  Pick up your Crucifix, hold it, feel it, grasp it.
Look at Jesus:  Arms outstretched, nailed to the cross beam.  Feet transfixed, body in agony, head crowned with thorns.  Jesus, alone, rejected, forgotten, bleeding, gasping for breath.  Jesus, sacrificed, scapegoated, mocked left to die.  Jesus, surrendered, obedient, humble, pure, forgiving, not judging, loving, thirsting, interceding, trusting the Father.  Jesus, merciful, loving, source of hope, our one true light, mighty Savior.
And follow Him:  Just don't take your eyes off of Him.  He will lead us into His Kingdom.

I had a mental image that helped me understand Our Lady's directions a little more.  I saw myself trying to walk on water, like Peter.  I was OK as long as I kept my eyes on Jesus, but as soon as I looked down I saw all the turmoil of our time, the wars, societal unrest, modernist ideas, lack of faith, ethnic and religious conflict, etc.  It was terrifying and was going to overwhelm me.  I heard Jesus say, "Keep your eyes on Me, don't look down.  As long as you look at Me you will be able to walk."  Only then could I walk over the waves of turmoil beneath my feet.

Our Mother is serious.  There is no other way to survive these days.  We must keep our eyes on Jesus and not take them off of Him for a second.
 
In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
©Mary TV 2016
 
 




"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world."
Saint John Paul II
Be connected!
www.marytv.tv


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.