QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Mary TV Daily Reflection 2/16/2016



    (c)Mateo Ivankovic 2016

J.M.J.
February 16, 2016,
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
In the Gospel for today, Jesus teaches us how to pray. The Our Father is Jesus' gift to us, am outline of perfect prayer! Jesus tells us to pray to the Father to "Lead us not into temptation" in that prayer. We ask the Father to guide us out of danger, to shield us from the attacks of the enemy, our tempter. We recognize that we are easily fooled by the temptations that come our way. We can toy with them, not realizing the danger. We can easily follow a temptation, finding ourselves in trouble before we know it. We do not always have good discernment about the suggestions that come into our heads. We need to be led away from them by the Holy Spirit.
 
Our Lady has cautioned us about temptations as well. She makes it clear that they come from our enemy, the devil. They are cleverly designed to distance us from the Father. This was his tactic in the Garden of Eden, and that tactic has not changed. The enemy plays on our emotions, our fears and our desires. He presents to us choices that may seem helpful, or pleasant, but which will end up destroying us and our families. Our Lady tells us that these temptations are part of a vast and evil plan of the enemy.
 
She also reminds us clearly that we are free, and in our freedom we must choose, each step of the way in our life, between God and the enemy. There is no middle ground. Only in God can we find joy and peace, happiness and love. In the enemy we will only find ruin. But we must choose. And she wants to help us.
 
During Lent we go into the desert with Jesus in order to unmask the temptations that Satan is using on us. Through fasting and sacrifice we can clear away the debris in our lives and see what needs to be changed. Here are five messages Our Lady has given to us about temptation. We could use these messages as our meditation between the decades of our Rosary, and let Our Lady speak to us about this important aspect of our spiritual life.
 
July 19, 1984 "Dear children! These days you have been experiencing how Satan is working. I am always with you, and don't you be afraid of temptations because God is always watching over us. Also I have given myself to you and I sympathize with you even in the smallest temptation. Thank you for having responded to my call."

July 25, 2013 "Dear children! With joy in my heart I call all of you to live your faith and to witness it with your heart and by your example in every way. Decide, little children, to be far from sin and temptation and may there be joy and love for holiness in your hearts. I love you, little children, and accompany you with my intercession before the Most High. Thank you for having responded to my call."
 
March 25, 2015 "Dear children! Also today the Most High permits me to be with you and to lead you on the way of conversion. Many hearts have shut themselves to grace and have become deaf to my call. You, little children, pray and fight against temptation and all the evil plans which the devil offers you through modernism. Be strong in prayer and with the cross in your hands pray that evil may not use you and may not conquer in you. I am with you and pray for you. Thank you for having responded to my call."
 
June 2, 2011 "Dear children! As I call you to prayer for those who have not come to know the love of God, if you were to look into your hearts you would comprehend that I am speaking about many of you. With an open heart, sincerely ask yourselves if you want the living God or do you want to eliminate Him and live as you want. Look around you, my children, and see where the world is going, the world that thinks of doing everything without the Father, and which wanders in the darkness of temptation. I am offering to you the light of the Truth and the Holy Spirit. According to God's plan I am with you to help you to have my Son, His Cross and Resurrection, triumph in your hearts. As a mother, I desire and pray for your unity with my Son and His works. I am with you; you decide. Thank you."

October 2, 2011 "Dear children; Also today my motherly heart calls you to prayer, to your personal relationship with God the Father, to the joy of prayer in Him. God the Father is not far away from you and He is not unknown to you. He revealed Himself to you through my Son and gave your Life that is my Son. Therefore, my children, do not give in to temptations that want to separate you from God the Father. Pray! Do not attempt to have families and societies without Him. Pray! Pray that your hearts may be flooded with the goodness which comes only from my Son, Who is sincere goodness. Only hearts filled with goodness can comprehend and accept God the Father. I will continue to lead you. In a special way I implore you not to judge your shepherds. My children, are you forgetting that God the Father called them? Pray! Thank you."

Dearest Mother, continue to lead us out of temptation and into the arms of our Father in Heaven. We will follow you! We want to put God in the first place in our lives.
 
In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
©Mary TV 2016

 




"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world."
Saint John Paul II
Be connected!
www.marytv.tv


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.