QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Mary TV Daily Reflection 12/31/2015



(c)Mateo Ivankovic 2015 

J.M.J. 
December 31, 2015
St. Sylvester I
New Year's Eve
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
October 25, 2014 "Dear children! Pray in this time of grace and seek the intercession of all the saints who are already in the light. From day to day may they be an example and encouragement to you on the way of your conversion. Little children, be aware that your life is short and passing. Therefore, yearn for eternity and keep preparing your hearts in prayer. I am with you and intercede before my Son for each of you, especially for those who have consecrated themselves to me and to my Son. Thank you for having responded to my call."
 
Tonight we say good bye to another year. So much has happened during 2015. Many trials have come upon the world, but also many graces have been given. We know that God is with us, that Our Lady is by our side, and that good will win. Our Lady has told us so.
 
As we enter 2016, many of us enter into prayer, putting God is the first place in our lives and in this New Year. We can take part in a beautiful tradition tonight or tomorrow, that of asking the Lord to give us a saint as a companion for this New Year! It is a wonderful tradition! Each year we are given a new saint to be our guide and protector. Year after year these saints gather around us, praying for us and encouraging us to holiness. We experience their companionship and it is a comfort.
 
St. Faustina's community observed this tradition. One year she wrote:
 
Jesus likes to intervene in the smallest details of our life, and He often fulfills secret wishes of mine that I sometimes hide from Him, although I know that from Him nothing can be hidden.
 
There is a custom among us of drawing by lot, on New Year's Day, special Patrons for ourselves for the whole year. In the morning during meditation, there arose within me a secret desire that the Eucharistic Jesus be my special Patron for this year also, as in the past. But, hiding this desire from my Beloved, I spoke to Him about everything else but that. When we came to refectory for breakfast, we blessed ourselves and began drawing our patrons. When I approached the holy cards on which the names of the patrons were written, without hesitation I took one, but I didn't read the name immediately (152) as I wanted to mortify myself for a few minutes. Suddenly, I heard a voice in my soul: I am your patron. Read. I looked at once at the inscription and read, "Patron for the Year 1935 - the Most Blessed Eucharist." My heart leapt with joy, and I slipped quietly away from the sisters and went for a short visit before the Blessed Sacrament, where I poured out my heart. But Jesus sweetly admonished me that I should be, at that moment, together with the sisters. I went immediately in obedience to the rule. (360 Diary)
Saint Faustina understood how very much Jesus was listening to her every desire when she received Him as her saint for the year! What a confirmation of the nearness of God!! We too will find consolation when we pick our saints for this coming year. The Lord knows just how to show us He is listening to our hearts and is answering our secret prayers.
 
We have an updated list of saints on our web page at this link: http://www.marytv.tv/saints-list
 
I suggest you download the PDF of the saints list, by clicking on the read link at the top of the page. This PDF file will print out easily, and you can cut up the squares with saint's names easily. Then, during a short prayer time, you and your family and friends can choose a saint.
 
God bless you, and may the Saints be with us in 2016!
 
In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
©Mary TV 2015
 
Here is the PDF Document of our list of Saints for 2016.  You can download it from here:
2016 List of Saints PDF





"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world."
Saint John Paul II
Be connected!
www.marytv.tv


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.