QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Mary TV Daily Reflection 12/16/2015



(c)Mateo Ivankovic 2015

J.M.J. 
December 16, 2015
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
"Dear children! I thank you for your prayers and for the love you show toward me. I invite you to decide to pray for my intentions. Dear children, offer novenas, making sacrifices wherein you feel the most bound. I want your life to be bound to me. I am your Mother, little children, and I do not want satan to deceive you for He wants to lead you the wrong way, but he cannot if you do not permit him. Therefore, little children, renew prayer in your hearts, and then you will understand my call and my live desire to help you. Thank you for having responded to my call."  (July 25, 1993)

Our Lady likes novenas! She spoke often to the parish about praying novenas. Novenas provide a way to make a concentrated effort to pray, a way to focus more carefully on some aspect of the spiritual life, and to exercise the will towards prayer. She knows how easy it is for us to get lax in our prayer life and to lose our fervor. Novenas are like a vitamin pill. They perk us up, and give us added energy for prayer because they are focused on some goal.
 
Holy Mother Church provides us with many feast days and encourages us to prepare for those feast days through prayer, especially novenas! We pray for nine days before Pentecost, the original novena! We also pray novenas before Christmas, Easter, the Immaculate Conception, the Annunciation, Divine Mercy Sunday, and also for so many of our favorite saints! Our prayer life is enhanced by these novenas!   We get closer to Jesus and Mary, and to ourselves as well. Prayer is good for us!
 
St. Faustina wrote about living the feasts of the Church. She loved the liturgical year, and all the graces we are offered through the feasts and holy days. Here is what she wrote:
 
Almost every feast of the Church gives me a deeper knowledge of God and a special grace. That is why I prepare myself for each feast and unite myself closely with the spirit of the Church. What a joy it is to be a faithful child of the Church! Oh, how much I love Holy Church and all those who live in it! I look upon them as living members of Christ, who is their Head. I burn with love with those who love; I suffer with those who suffer. I am consumed with sorrow at the sight of those who are cold and ungrateful; and I then try to have such a love for God that it will make amends for those who do not love Him, those who feed their Savior with ingratitude at its worst. (481 Diary)
 
St. Faustina was aware of how God uses the feasts of the Church to pour out graces upon us. She realized that preparing for a feast rendered her soul more capable of receiving those graces. She felt the joy of receiving through the Church the love and power of her Savior!
 
We too can be blessed, nourished and changed by preparing for feast days, like Christmas, through this novena, prayed with St. James Parish! What a great way to get ready for Christmas!
 
May we receive all the graces and gifts that God has ready for us this Christmas! May our novena help us to be less bound by the things that keep us from God, and may we be renewed in prayer so that we can become ever more bound to Jesus and Mary!
 
In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
©Mary TV 2015






"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world."
Saint John Paul II
Be connected!
www.marytv.tv



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.