QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Monday, November 30, 2015

Mary TV Daily Reflection 11/30/2015


(c)Mateo Ivankovic 
 

November 30, 2015
St. Andrew
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
"Dear children! Today I am calling all of you: pray for my intentions. Peace is in danger, therefore, little children, pray and be carriers of peace and hope in this restless world where Satan is attacking and tempting in every way. Little children, be firm in prayer and courageous in faith. I am with you and intercede before my Son Jesus for all of you. Thank you for having responded to my call." (November 25, 2015)
 
We have entered the season of Advent! After traveling through November, the time in which we contemplate the end of all things, we begin the cycle anew. Now we look forward to the coming of the Messiah, the one who came to give us hope in that end, hope of everlasting life with Him in heaven.
 
Our Lady's recent message has one simple call, "Today I am calling all of you: pray for my intentions." Our Lady has asked us to do this many times before. She doesn't usually tell us what those intentions are. But she tells us often that her plans are being opposed by the enemy, and she needs our support in that battle. She needs our prayers.
 
On Friday, November 27, the first reading for Holy Mass was from Daniel 7. When I heard this section (below), I couldn't get it out of my mind:
 
As I watched,
Thrones were set up
and the Ancient One took his throne.
His clothing was snow bright,
and the hair on his head as white as wool;
His throne was flames of fire,
with wheels of burning fire.
A surging stream of fire
flowed out from where he sat;
Thousands upon thousands were ministering to him,
and myriads upon myriads attended him....
As the visions during the night continued,
I saw One like a son of man coming on the clouds of heaven... (Dan 7:9-10, 13)
 
I realized that in this image of heaven, Our Lady would be standing, probably very close to the throne itself, worshiping the Lord. Then I realized that she tells us in this message, "I am with you and intercede before my Son Jesus for all of you." It struck me that Our Lady is praying before this mighty throne for her intentions, which include us of course, but her intercession is the way she is doing battle against the enemy. It seemed to me that she stands before the Lord to pray for the salvation of the world through the plan the Father gave her.
 
Our Lady is valiant, and will not back down in that battle, in that intercession. But as I thought about it, she is asking us to join her in that very important work. I began to imagine each one of us appearing in that scene, as part of her army of intercessors, standing before the Lord, begging His mercy upon mankind.
 
It now helps me when I pray, to imagine myself somewhere near Our Lady in that scene before the throne, just STANDING with her, interceding for her intentions, by STANDING with her! It is our job to stand with her, to witness to her, to join her in one mind and heart in prayer. This is what she needs. This is what the Father would like to see in us, unity with the Woman, whom He sent at this crucial time to save souls.
 
So, shall we stand with Our Lady? Shall we merely stand with her?
 
In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
©Mary TV 2015
 
"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world." 
Saint John Paul II 
Be connected!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.