QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Monday, November 23, 2015

Mary TV Daily Reflection 11/23/2015


(c)Mateo Ivankovic
 
November 23, 2015
St. Clement I, St Columban, Blessed Miguel Agustin Pro
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
As we await the message for the 25th of November from Our Lady, let's take another look at the November 2nd message through Mirjana. This message continues to speak to me very much:
 
November 2, 2015
"Dear children, anew I desire to speak to you about love. I have gathered you around me in the name of my Son according to His will. I desire that your faith be firm, flowing forth from love. Because, those of my children who understand the love of my Son and follow it, live in love and hope. They have come to know the love of God. Therefore, my children, pray, pray so as to be able to love all the more and to do works of love. Because, faith alone without love and works of love is not what I am asking of you: my children, this is an illusion of faith.  It is a boasting of self. My Son seeks faith and works, love and goodness. I am praying, and I am also asking you to pray, and to live love; because I desire that my Son, when He looks at the hearts of all of my children, can see love and goodness in them and not hatred and indifference. My children, apostles of my love, do not lose hope, do not lose strength. You can do this. I am encouraging and blessing you.  Because all that is of this world, which many of my children, unfortunately, put in the first place, will disappear; and only love and works of love will remain and open the door of the Kingdom of Heaven. I will wait for you at this door. At this door, I desire to welcome and embrace all of my children. Thank you!"
 
Though it is long, I feel very strongly that its meaning is simple and clear. Our Lady tells us that we need firm faith, faith that is built on love. She tells us clearly that this kind of faith which is expressed as love is all that matters in these days. Why? Because when Jesus looks at us, this is what He will want to see. Our Lady has told us: "When you come before my Son, in your hearts He will see how much love you had." (August 2, 2014) and "Do not forget that you will come before the Heavenly Father and tell Him about yourself.  Be ready!" (April 2, 2013)
 
When Jesus looks at us, He looks with the eyes of a King, the eyes of a Judge, and the eyes of our Lord. On the last day, these are the eyes that will gaze upon each of our souls and decide if we can enter the Kingdom. He will be looking for love in our souls, love in our actions, and love in our hearts. He will seek a faith in Him that is expressed in works of love.
 
I am reminded of Matthew 25: 31 ff:
 
"When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left.
 
"Then the King will say to those at his right hand, `Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.' Then the righteous will answer him, `Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink? And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or naked and clothe thee? And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee?' And the King will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.'"
 
Our Lady is trying to help us understand this warning from Jesus. She tells us: "...all that is of this world, which many of my children, unfortunately, put in the first place, will disappear; and only love and works of love will remain and open the door of the Kingdom of Heaven." She is talking about the end of our lives. She is trying to help us understand how to prepare for our own judgement.
 
St. Faustina was also given the job of warning us about our judgment. Jesus spoke to her of the coming days when souls would be judged:
 
When, on one occasion, instead of interior prayer, I took up a book of spiritual reading, I heard these words spoken distinctly and forcefully within my soul, You will prepare the world for my final coming. These words moved me deeply, and although I pretended not to hear them, I understood them very well and had no doubt about them. (Diary, 429)
 
St. Faustina was very aware of the coming of Jesus, and the judgement. It was this reality that gave her the strength to suffer for souls, and to spread devotion to Divine Mercy, no matter how difficult it became. She didn't want to hear the words Jesus spoke to her. I don't blame her. I find it very troubling to think about the end times. But it is a reality, and we must prepare.
 
I think this message of November 2, 2015 contains excellent advice for us. We can't turn our thoughts away from it any more. It is time to prepare. And the preparation is love! We want to be filled with love for Jesus, and formed by His love into His image. This is the greatest thing we could ever do, to love like Jesus!
 
In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
©Mary TV 2015
 

 
"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world." 
Saint John Paul II 
Be connected!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.