QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Mary TV Daily Reflection 10/1/2015


Our Lady, please smile on us!
(c)Mary TV 2013


October 1, 2015
St. Therese of the Child Jesus
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
"Dear children! I am here, I am among you. I am looking at you, am smiling at you and I love you in the way that only a mother can. Through the Holy Spirit who comes through my purity, I see your hearts and I offer them to my Son. Already for a long time I have been asking of you to be my apostles, to pray for those who have not come to know God's love. I am asking for prayer said out of love, prayer which carries out works and sacrifices. Do not waste time thinking about whether you are worthy to be my apostles. The Heavenly Father will judge everyone; and you, love Him and listen to Him. I know that all of this confuses you, even my very stay among you, but accept it with joy and pray that you may comprehend that you are worthy to work for Heaven. My love is upon you. Pray that my love may win in all hearts, because that is the love which forgives, gives and never stops. Thank you."  (February 2, 2015)
 
Today is a wonderful feast day for a wonderful saint! Saint Therese of the Child Jesus captured the hearts of the faithful almost from the moment of her death. She had lived a very hidden life in her Carmelite convent, but she did not remain hidden. After her death, as word spread of her childlike love of Jesus, people began to ask her intercession in their dire needs, and answers came!
 
Even today, we turn to Saint Therese in time of need. She strengthens our faith, and intercedes for us so that we can be filled with the Holy Spirit, just as Our Lady herself prays for us.
 
Here is the famous Morning Prayer that Saint Therese composed. Today we can pray it in honor of the little saint who had a heart like a lion!
 
A MORNING PRAYER WRITTEN BY ST. THERESE
English: Saint Therese of Lisieux church, Disc...
English: Saint Therese of Lisieux church, Discalced Carmelite Order monastry, statue, (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
O my God! I offer Thee all my actions of this day for the intentions and for the glory of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I desire to sanctify every beat of my heart, my every thought, my simplest works, by uniting them to Its infinite merits; and I wish to make reparation for my sins by casting them into the furnace of Its Merciful Love.
 
O my God! I ask of Thee for myself and for those whom I hold dear, the grace to fulfill perfectly Thy Holy Will, to accept for love of Thee the joys and sorrows of this passing life, so that we may one day be united together in heaven for all Eternity.
Amen.
 
And here is the prayer we can pray to Saint Therese, for her intercession:
 
PRAYER TO ST. THERESE
O little St. Theresa of the Child Jesus, who during your short life on earth became a mirror of angelic purity, of love strong as death, and of wholehearted abandonment to God, now that you rejoice in the reward of your virtues, cast a glance of pity on me as I leave all things in your hands. Make my troubles your own - speak a word for me to our Lady Immaculate, whose flower of special love you were - to that Queen of heaven "who smiled on you at the dawn of life." Beg her as the Queen of the heart of Jesus to obtain for me by her powerful intercession, the grace I yearn for so ardently at this moment, and that she join with it a blessing that may strengthen me during life. Defend me at the hour of death, and lead me straight on to a happy eternity. Amen
 
Amen! May the Queen of heaven, who smiled on Therese when she was ill and healed her, smile on us as well, for we are all ill in some form, body, mind, or spirit. We need the healing touch of Our Lady's smile.
 
Saint Therese, pray for us!
 
In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
©Mary TV 2015
"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world." 
Saint John Paul II 
Be connected!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.