QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Mary TV Daily Reflection 9/23/2015 - St. Pio, pray for us!





Stay with me, Lord!
(c)Mary TV 2014

September 23, 2015
St. Pius of Pietrelcina
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
Today we remember St. Pius of Pietrelcina, the great contemporary mystic who suffered the stigmata for 50 years and cared for the sick both in body and soul. Padre Pio, as he was known, centered his life on the Eucharist. Everything he did flowed from his relationship with Jesus in the Eucharist. We can ask him to intercede for us today as we try to do the same. Here is a message from Our Lady in which she urges us to put the Eucharistic Jesus in the center of our lives:
 
"Dear children, I am continuously among you because, with my endless love, I desire to show you the door of Heaven. I desire to tell you how it is opened: through goodness, mercy, love and peace - through my Son. Therefore, my children, do not waste time on vanities. Only knowledge of the love of my Son can save you. Through that salvific love and the Holy Spirit He chose me and I, together with Him, am choosing you to be apostles of His love and will. My children, great is the responsibility upon you. I desire that by your example you help sinners regain their sight, enrich their poor souls and bring them back into my embrace. Therefore, pray, pray, fast and confess regularly. If receiving my Son in the Eucharist is the center of your life then do not be afraid, you can do everything. I am with you. Every day I pray for the shepherds and I expect the same of you. Because, my children, without their guidance and strengthening through their blessing, you cannot do it. Thank you." (June 02, 2012)
 
Here is a prayer that St. Pio prayed after Holy Communion. His prayer can help us to put Jesus in the very center of our lives:
 
Stay with me, Lord
(Prayer of St. Pius of Pietrelcina after Holy Communion)
Stay with me, Lord, for it is necessary to have
You present so that I do not forget You.
You know how easily I abandon You.
Stay with me, Lord, because I am weak
and I need Your strength,
that I may not fall so often.
Stay with me, Lord, for You are my life,
and without You, I am without fervor.
Stay with me, Lord, for You are my light,
and without You, I am in darkness.
Stay with me, Lord, to show me Your will.
Stay with me, Lord, so that I hear Your voice
and follow You.
Stay with me, Lord, for I desire to love You                                                       
very much, and always be in Your company.
Stay with me, Lord, if You wish me to be faithful to You.
Stay with me, Lord, for as poor as my soul is,
I want it to be a place of consolation for You, a nest of love.
Stay with me, Jesus, for it is getting late and the day is coming to a close, and life passes;
death, judgment, eternity approaches. It is necessary to renew my strength,
so that I will not stop along the way and for that, I need you.

It is getting late and death approaches,
I fear the darkness, the temptations, the dryness, the cross, the sorrows.

O how I need you, my Jesus, in this night of exile!
Stay with me tonight, Jesus, in life with all its dangers. I need You.
Let me recognize You as Your disciples did at the breaking of the bread,
so that the Eucharistic Communion be the Light which disperses the darkness,
the force which sustains me, the unique joy of my heart.
Stay with me, Lord, because at the hour of my death, I want to remain united to you,
if not by communion, at least by grace and love.
Stay with me, Jesus, I do not ask for divine consolation, because I do not merit it,
but the gift of Your Presence, oh yes, I ask this of You!
Stay with me, Lord, for it is You alone I look for, Your Love, Your Grace, Your Will, Your Heart, Your Spirit, because I love You and ask no other reward but to love You more and more.
With a firm love, I will love You with all my heart while on earth
and continue to love You perfectly during all eternity. Amen.
In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
©Mary TV 2015
"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world." 
Saint John Paul II 
Be connected!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.