QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Friday, September 18, 2015

Mary TV Daily Reflection 9/18/2015 - Thank God for the Church Ladies!!!


What made the sinful woman in Luke's gospel cry?!

Church Ladies

Thank God for the Church Ladies!!!

(c) Mary TV 2015
September 18, 2015
 
Dear Family of Mary!

 "Dear children; I am calling you and am coming among you because I need you. I need apostles with a pure heart. I am praying, and you should also pray, that the Holy Spirit may enable and lead you, that He may illuminate you and fill you with love and humility. Pray that He may fill you with grace and mercy. Only then will you understand me, my children. Only then will you understand my pain because of those who have not come to know the love of God. Then you will be able to help me. You will be my light-bearers of God's love. You will illuminate the way for those who have been given eyes but do not want to see. I desire for all of my children to see my Son. I desire for all of my children to experience His Kingdom. Again I call you and implore you to pray for those whom my Son has called. Thank you."  (October 02, 2012) 
 
Today's Gospel is Luke 8:1-3.  It is very short, and mentions those who accompanied Jesus on his travels:
 
"Jesus journeyed from one town and village to another, preaching and proclaiming the good news of the Kingdom of God. Accompanying him were the Twelve and some women who and been cured of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary, called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out, Joanna, the wife of Herod's steward Chuza, Susanna, and many others who provided for them out of their resources."
 
I have always marveled at these women who had the courage to just pick up and follow Jesus wherever He went, serving Him and paying for His needs out of their own pockets.  They must have been very brave to do that.  Or maybe they were just so filled with gratitude like the woman who washed Jesus' feet in yesterday's Gospel that it was the most natural thing to do. 
 
They remind me of the women in Regina's testimony who encountered her at the church on that big day when she had such a conversion experience:
 
The next day was our second to last day in Medjugorje.  I was sitting outside church before English Mass in the shade of a tree on my own, full of anger and pride, when six ladies from London came up and ask me if they could share the shade with me.  They thought I was younger than I was, and they were saying, "Aren't you very good to be in Medjugorje so young.  It is wonderful you are here."  But I snapped at them, "I am not that young and I am only here to keep my mother happy."  They asked me my name, and I told them my name."  They said, "Regina, we are going to our group Mass and we will offer you up in the Mass."  So I very sarcastically thanked them, and laughed, and off they went.
 
Little did Regina know that their intercession probably helped to win the graces she needed to meet the Heavenly Father during her group Mass.  But then Regina encounters them again:
 
And I had no intention of going to confession, I was still crying.   So I stood at the back of the queue, and even better, they were all French.  And so I'll stay quiet and I'll stay here and make sure the coast is clear.... And just as I was about to turn to leave I could hear this big shout of "Alleluia!  Praise the Lord!"  And to my horror it was those six ladies who I had met just before Mass, returning from their Mass.  And they saw me standing at the end of the queue for confession with tears flowing down my face.  And so they came to me and said, "Regina, these people are French.   Do you speak French?"  And I said, "No".  But every time I tried to open my mouth to speak to explain I couldn't because the tears would come again.   So they said, "Hold on to her.  We'll find her a priest."  And in the distance there was a man sitting on a bench reading a book.   And one of the women approached him.  And next she shouted, "Alleluia!" again.  She found a priest.  And I was brought to confession with two ladies on this arm, and two ladies on this arm, and I was trying to dig my heals in, and I was trying to say 'I don't want to go' but they didn't know, they didn't realize, because I couldn't speak.   And they left me on the bench with the priest. 
 
Not only did they intercede for Regina, who was blessed beyond telling during her Mass, but they also were used by the Lord to trundle Regina off to confession, whether she liked it or not!!  Of course this was Regina's conversion confession with Fr. Devine.  What a precious and grace-filled moment that was for her.

These ladies are heroes!!!  They helped the Lord in His plan to completely renew Regina in His grace.  I wish I was that kind of Alleluia lady!  The world needs many more of them.  They do accompany Jesus, even today, seeing to His needs and supporting His work. The also accompany Our Lady in her work to save souls!

God bless all the Church Ladies, and the Church men and all of God's little ones who provide for Jesus' needs from their own resources, who help the Gospa in her plans!! 

In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
©Mary TV 2015


"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world." 
Saint John Paul II 
Be connected!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.