QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Getting To Heaven


Getting To Heaven
by Dr. Rosalie Ann Turton (The 101 Times)

That is what life is all about. Getting to Heaven is our work and our primary mission in life. That is one of the main reasons why God created us. He wants us to be with Him in Heaven, but He tells us that we must earn Heaven by way of love. In part, it means that we have to suffer for Him and for others, and then, to realize that we enjoy doing it so that we want to do it again! It is called the labor of love. How happy we become when we please a loved one. Our joy is often greater than his or hers. 
It seems to be no problem for a mother or father to give of themselves for their beloved children. A couple in love joyfully makes many sacrifices for each other. Religious souls become missionaries of love when they happily sacrifice themselves in the service of God.
At the Synod of Family Life in 2014, Pope Francis recognized the beauty of marriage with the following words. He said: "I urge you to lift up yet another truth about marriage, that a permanent commitment to stability, fidelity, and fruitful love, responds to the greatest longings of the human heart."
Beautifully said! Could married love be described any better than that! It is living with love for God, because love for God makes us want to help and love each other. We give of ourselves for others.
That is just the way it is, and the way that Our Dearest Jesus and Mary teach us and want us to live. Only those who do not know Them, think that sin, killing, selfishness, success by stepping on others, personal beauty, pleasure, and gain, among other things, are what will bring them their so-called "Heaven" here on earth. The Bible tells us, "Not so, for the wicked, not so!"


Jacov Experiences Heaven
One time a Pilgrim asked Jacov about his and Vicka's experience to Heaven, Hell, and Purgatory. He responded in the following way:
"First of all, I never speak about Hell or Purgatory--especially Hell. I believe that because of all the years Our Lady has been coming to Medjugorje, it is clearly Her desire to show us the way to Jesus and to Heaven. Therefore, let us not think about Hell, but rather about what Our Lady is teaching us to do to get to Heaven.
"I was 11 years old when I had that experience, and as every kid, I never thought about death in our country. I was thinking about how to live. how to play with friends and just to live my life.

"Then, when Vicka and I had that apparition, Our Lady said, 'Now you will come with Me.' At that moment, I thought that it was my end, but I was not ready to die!
"I said to Our Lady (and it is always said that the advantage be given to women), but I was the one who spoke up, saying, 'Our Lady, take Vicka. She has seven brothers and sisters. I am the only kid my parents have. Even if Vicka was not here anymore, she has so many brothers and sisters.' Our Lady just smiled, and said, 'Be not afraid, I am with you."'
Beauty, Joy, And Peace
Jacov continues: "I will share with you how I experienced Heaven at that moment. We found ourselves in an endless space having the most beautiful and indescribable light, the brightness of which I have never seen or experienced in any way here on earth.
"We could see many people, and they were praying. Everywhere in Heaven, there was an incomparable joy and peace which I was able to see on the faces of all the People. At the same time, they were transmitting that Peace and joy to me! I could feel it deep inside!
I remember that when we left that place, we remained in prayer, and I asked myself, 'What was that place I found so good... so very good.' I realized that it is as Our Lady advises, that through prayer, we will find God and be given all the answers that we need to understand that Paradise is not what we see with our eyes, but rather what we feel in our hearts.
Put God In First Place
"I believe, and Our Lady tells us, that each one of us can experience Paradise in our hearts, even here on earth. If we put God first in everything we do and if we live in God's presence, we will realize a portion of Paradise now.
"Let us not ask questions about how Heaven looks, but rather how Heaven feels. It is indescribable joy. We must question ourselves if we are living the kind of lives which will enable us to go there. It is too wonderful a place to miss, and too great a tragedy not to go there."
Annual Message
In the message that Jacov receives from Our Lady every Christmas day, on December 25, 2014, Our Lady said, "Permit God to illuminate your lives with light and your hearts with joy, so that you may daily illuminate the way to others and be an example
of true joy to those who live in darkness and are not open to God and His graces. Thank you for having responded to My call." +++
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.