QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Friday, August 28, 2015

Mary TV Daily Reflection 8/28/2015



 
 
(c)Mary TV 2015

J.M.J.  
August 28, 2015
Saint Augustine
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
"Dear children! Also today I am calling you to be prayer. May prayer be for you the wings for an encounter with God. The world is in a moment of trial, because it forgot and abandoned God. Therefore you, little children, be those who seek and love God above all. I am with you and I am leading you to my Son, but you must say your 'yes' in the freedom of children of God. I intercede for you and I love you, little children, with an endless love. Thank you for having responded to my call." (August 25, 2015)
 
"Therefore you, little children, be those who seek and love God above all."
 
After years of rebellion against the faith, and more years of trying to discern the truth, Augustine gave himself entirely to God. His mother, Monica, won this conversion through her intercession and sacrifices. Today, we celebrate this great saint. After his conversion, Augustine became a tireless seeker of God. And his writings articulate that search with great precision and understanding of the inner self and our struggles. Here are two prayers St. Augustine wrote that we might pray today in answer to Our Lady's message:
 
Prayer on Finding God after a Long Search
Too late have I loved you, O Beauty so ancient, O Beauty so new. Too late have I loved you!  You were within me but I was outside myself, and there I sought you! In my weakness I ran after the beauty of the things you have made. You were with me, and I was not with you. The things you have made kept me from you - the things which would have no being unless they existed in you! You have called, you have cried, and you have pierced my deafness. You have radiated forth, you have shined out brightly, and you have dispelled my blindness. You have sent forth your fragrance, and I have breathed it in, and I long for you. I have tasted you, and I hunger and thirst for you. You have touched me, and I ardently desire your peace. (Confessions, X, 27, 38)
 
Prayer to Seek God Continually
O Lord my God, I believe in you, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Insofar as I can, insofar as you have given me the power, I have sought you. I became weary and I labored.  O Lord my God, my sole hope, help me to believe and never to cease seeking you. Grant that I may always and ardently seek out your countenance. Give me the strength to seek you, for you help me to find you and you have more and more given me the hope of finding you.   Here I am before you with my firmness and my infirmity. Preserve the first and heal the second. Here I am before you with my strength and my ignorance. Where you have opened the door to me, welcome me at the entrance; where you have closed the door to me, open to my cry; enable me to remember you, to understand you, and to love you. Amen.
 
In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
©Mary TV 2015
 
PS. On September 2, 2015, Mary TV will stream the monthly apparition to Mirjana Soldo. Here are the details:
  

Apparition to Mirjana Soldo

September 2, 2015      
www.marytv.tv

Streaming begins with Prayer at Blue Cross
8:00 am Medjugorje time (2:00 am EDT) -

Approximate time of Apparition
8:40 am Medjugorje time (2:40 am EDT) -
 




"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world."
Saint John Paul II
Be connected!
www.marytv.tv

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.