QUEEN OF PEACE

QUEEN OF PEACE

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Mary TV Daily Reflection 8/27/2015



(c)Mary TV 2015

J.M.J.  
August 27, 2015
St. Monica
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
"Dear children! Also today I am calling you to be prayer. May prayer be for you the wings for an encounter with God. The world is in a moment of trial, because it forgot and abandoned God. Therefore you, little children, be those who seek and love God above all. I am with you and I am leading you to my Son, but you must say your 'yes' in the freedom of children of God. I intercede for you and I love you, little children, with an endless love. Thank you for having responded to my call." (August 25, 2015)
 
It seems that St. Monica would understand this message very well. She was a woman of constant prayer. Her prayer was fueled by a deep desire for God. And that desire drove her to desire God for her children, especially Augustine, who was very far from God. You could say he "forgot and abandoned God" in his youth. And Monica could not rest until he was returned to the faith and to God. And so she sought God in prayer day and night, interceding for her son.
 
We know that her intercession succeeded and Augustine became a great saint, a great Bishop and Doctor of the Church. He, who was so far from God, drew near as a result of Monica's "yes" to God. I believe that is what Our Lady is asking of us in this message. We live in a time of great rebellion against God, even the complete abandonment of God. And this faithlessness is bringing upon the world great trials: wars, poverty, broken families, abortion, cruelty of all kinds, and deep despair in the hearts of many. Our Lady wants us to become "Monicas" for the world. She wants us to seek God, love God, desire God, pray to God, just like Monica did, so that many people will be converted, just like Augustine was.
 
Monica wore herself out, praying and fasting for the conversion of her son. But it was a joy for her. St. Augustine quoted her saying these words a few days before her death: "Son, as far as I am concerned, nothing in this life now gives me any pleasure. I do not know why I am still here, since I have no further hopes in this world. I did have one reason for wanting to live a little longer: to see you become a Catholic Christian before I died. God has lavished his gifts on me in that respect, for I know that you have even renounced earthly happiness to be his servant. So what am I doing here?" (Confessions of St. Augustine)
 
St. Monica's life of prayer and intercession was a work of great mercy. She obtained a great grace for the whole church in her son's conversion. We are called to the same work. There are so many "Augustines" out there waiting to be converted!! Think how wonderful this sorry world could be! Let's not quit, but follow Our Lady as she guides us to Jesus, who is waiting to answer our prayers.
 
In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
©Mary TV 2015
 




"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world."
Saint John Paul II
Be connected!
www.marytv.tv


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved before they are posted.